Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How to Find the Most Successful Business and Alternative Networking People on MySpace

In today's information age lies a hidden goldmine of opportunity in all areas of business interests. When you have been through certain things in life, it helps you to tap into the creative mind. One of the things I've been doing recently, in which I have been successful at is finding quality, business networking professionals, some of which are famous all on MySpace.
One way I like to find quality business people to network with on MySpace is to head on over to my local Walmart. In their magazine section, there's everything for topics of interest, ranging from fitness, windows vista, PC and digital camera reviews, WWE wrestling, fishing, hunting, investing and so forth. First thing I do is head to the business magazines and randomly select anyone that may deem appealing to my eye at that very moment. If it's Forbes magazine, I'll pick it up. Then, I skim through the table of contents to see what sounds most interesting. From there, I select what's most useful topic wise, from the table of contents and head on over to that section. Once I am there, I skim through the introductory paragraph in looking for people's names to use as visual keywords to myself. I do it like this sometimes if I don't feel like buying the magazine, but yet skimming for fresh names of people as potential business contacts to network with on MySpace

From there, I make a list of people by specific profession. For example, "Chris De Wolfe - MySpace". I then make lists by that topic under "Social Media folk" "Affiliate marketing connects" "Corporate business execs", like that. Once my list is compiled "if I didn't buy the magazine" I'll then take the list home with me and turn on the computer right away. Once I am logged into MySpace, I then plug in each name into the search bar, select "People" and scan the MySpace search results. Sometimes, it may be a lot of people with the same name, but finding the right person will require you making your best judgment. If you happen to know the zip code the person resides in, that helps too, or if you have their e-mail address.
Another savvy way of finding quality business connects is to also friend request the associates of persons whom you've already friend requested. For example, if Steve Forbes had a MySpace page, and I friend request him, and I see that Bill Gates of Microsoft, Steve Jobs of Apple, Jay-Z of DefJam, and perhaps Steven Spielberg are on his top friends list, I'll friend request them too. This is a very effective, yet viral way of locating quality business connections on MySpace. From this point, if they all, or majority of them accept you as a friend, be sure to be courteous and sound very professional when contacting high profile business people on MySpace. Play your cards right & you'll be surprised how much the "big wigs" pay much more attention to the "little people" like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment